Page: | 1 |
Combining a wide range of drug-free therapeutic approaches, this book is a step-by-step guide to Peter Smith's unique, 100% natural sleep solution. It:
· Explains how sleep 'works' and the physical and psychological causes of insomnia.
· Offers practical advice about how to practice good sleep behaviours and switch on relaxation responses within the nervous system, including the revolutionary concept of 'virtual darkness'.
· Gives tips on getting the right dietary supplements for a good night's sleep and creating the right sleeping environment.
· Advises 'night owls' 'early birds' and 'free runners' about how to reset problematic sleep cycles.
· Provides guidelines for preventing jetlag.
Keywords: anxiety, cognitive behavioural therapy, complementary therapies, counselling, depression, diet, drugs, health care, mental health, nutrition, psychology, sleep
Many factors of twenty first century life are impacting negatively on our quality of sleep and self-restorative functions. The pressure for increased productivity, less than ideal diet, constant technological changes, environmental pollution and unrealistic self expectations mean that a growing number of people are suffering from debilitating and persistent fatigue.
Keywords: adults, alternative therapies, anxiety, biomedical intervention, complementary therapies, depression, diet, disability, energy work, functional medicine, health care, integrative medicine, mental health, migraine, nutrition, occupational therapy, pain management, psychology, psychotherapy, sensory issues, traditional Chinese medicine
Page: | 1 |
Singing Dragon is an imprint of Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Jessica Kingsley Publishers is a limited company registered in England. Registered number: 2073602. VAT Reg. No: 455 2134 66.
© 1996, 2013 Jessica Kingsley Publishers.