Page: | 1 |
Addressing the challenge of serious infection, especially MRSA, in hospitals, in the community, and in animals, Maggie Tisserand focuses on the scientifically proven effects of antibacterial essential oils, and their usefulness in managing infection, including the 'superbug'. She profiles the key essential oils - tea tree, manuka and thyme - covering everything from habitat, chemistry and commercial uses to the latest scientific research that proves their effectiveness against bacterial infection, and how they should be used. She also includes information about other methods that have been shown to help with the management of acute infection, including allicin from garlic, silver, manuka honey and phage therapy.
Combining a wide range of drug-free therapeutic approaches, this book is a step-by-step guide to Peter Smith's unique, 100% natural sleep solution. It:
· Explains how sleep 'works' and the physical and psychological causes of insomnia.
· Offers practical advice about how to practice good sleep behaviours and switch on relaxation responses within the nervous system, including the revolutionary concept of 'virtual darkness'.
· Gives tips on getting the right dietary supplements for a good night's sleep and creating the right sleeping environment.
· Advises 'night owls' 'early birds' and 'free runners' about how to reset problematic sleep cycles.
· Provides guidelines for preventing jetlag.
Subject: Mental Health
Hair loss affects people of all ages and can be caused by a wide variety of factors. Whatever the cause of hair loss, there are natural remedies and therapies that can help the body detoxify and rebalance itself and enable healthy hair to grow again.
When Anni Matthews was diagnosed with cancer, she decided to do something really valuable with the experience: she produced a book that is a friendly companion for those who must face the disease.
Of huge practical help to anyone diagnosed with cancer and those who care for them, this book is a one-stop guide to making sense and use of the orthodox treatments, complementary therapies, and psychological, spiritual and holistic options available. Subjects ranging from the most current major advances in treatments and diagnosis to the small but effective ways of relieving the side-effects are explained clearly and concisely, often with humour and always with warmth.
Page: | 1 |
Singing Dragon is an imprint of Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Jessica Kingsley Publishers is a limited company registered in England. Registered number: 2073602. VAT Reg. No: 455 2134 66.
© 1996, 2014 Jessica Kingsley Publishers.